Please sign up for email updates.
Don't Waste the Harvest Festival and Barn Dance
October 17, 2015 at Triple Oaks Nursery, Franklinville, NJ
Come on down to Triple Oaks Nursery and join in on the 21st century version
of a harvest festival with a focus on food waste, and food sovereignty. This is
one of two locations in the U.S. to take the #pumpkinchallenge, a call for action
to address food waste by Hubbub, an innovative British charity advocating for sustainable and positive lifestyle choices when it comes to food, fashion, homes and sport.
It's also the launch of the MSL, and will feature selections from;
- Library Seed Bank's Authentic Jersey Tomato Seed Collection,
a collection of heirloom tomato seeds developed and released in New Jersey.
- Slow Food USA's Arc of Taste, a living catalogue of threatened foods.
Sustainable Cherry Hill's 3rd Annual Food Day
Saturday, October 24, 2015
11:00 am – 2:00 pm
Cherry Hill High School EAST
Kresson Road, Cherry Hill, NJ
From their website;
- Celebrate local, healthy, sustainable food from across the region
- Move toward a tasty, greener diet and seek food justice
- Healthy Food Education • Kid-Friendly • Gluten Free Options
- Nutritional Information • Composting • Farm Fresh